Saturday, November 09, 2013

"I know the type"

I will start this in the same way that H.P. Lovecraft began The Thing on The Doorway, with a sentence that I will write again at the end of this post.

So let it be written, let it be known: You DO NOT know me. You never did. I mean, how could you have ever known me?

When I was living in Caracas I met this girl right, she was a decent person, cute and everything; but she had one problem: a closed mind. A closed mind should be considered a terminal disease. A terminal disease stops you from living, I mean, how the hell are you gonna live your live strapped to a bunch of cables and shit? It's sad, it's harsh, but we know it to be true. That is why people sign those DNR things! And so, in a way, a closed mind stop us from living.

When I met her, this girl thought she knew me. She took one look at me and thought: "metal head, likes video games, likes anime... He's nice, but I know the type". Well, that pissed me off a little bit, to be honest, but I didn't care what she thought of me so fuck her and her friends, whom we called "Yupies" because of some weird caraque~an reason that escapes my understanding. But let's imagine for a moment, if you will, that the humble guy writing this crap right here DID care for the girl, what do you think would have happened? I'll tell you, she would have said something like "it's not gonna work". Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that would have been hers and my answer would have been "if we do not try, we'll never know". It could have been awful, or I could have been the love of her life, and she missed on the opportunity to be with a guy that would have made her happy in ways that no one else could have and with whom she could have lived the most wonderful of experiences.

See my point now? No? Let's try this another way.

I was in a long term relationship with a girl some years afterwards, we hurt each other like crazy, we broke up after 4 years, but in the end I regret NOTHING. Even with all the problems we could have had, those 4 years taught me more than any other 4 years of my life. I had a great time, I loved her like I have never loved anyone and, even though we went through a lot, I felt alive. I could have said "She's nice, but I know the type", and I would have passed on 4 great years.

If you're not getting it you're just playing dumb.

Why am I writing this? As usual, I need to get some shit off my chest because of some recent stuff. I would tell her straight but she's too stubborn and would not get it. BELIEVE ME, I have tried. I met you, I let you in, I grew up by doing so. I'm not the same guy. I know now that I can be more tolerant than I thought I could. I know that I am willing to do a lot more for that person, not because she ask, but because I want to, because I can. I got to know you! In fact, I wish you would have let me in... But you didn't.

So let it be written, let it be known: You DO NOT know me. You never did. I mean, how could you have ever known me?

It's ok. I'm not mad, you can do whatever you want. It's a free country... mostly.

No comments: