Tuesday, August 11, 2009

G.I. Joe - The Rise of the Cobra

I went to see this movie yesterday
When I found out that they were making a G.I. Joe movie I thought "It's gonna be a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad movie"... Why? Easy:
1.- The director is the same guy from The Mummy and those are bad
2.- The cast was questionable at best
3.- It's an American movie about a team of kick ass soldiers.... I figured it'll be patriotism all over

So after watching the movie I have to admit that I was wrong.
Don't misunderstand me, it's not a good movie; but it's definitively NOT bad, you just need to understand what kind of movie you're about to see. It's not a movie abour stunning performances by the actors, nor it's about a killer plot; it's an action movie about an 80's cartoon! Now, taking that into consideration, lets take a look at the good and bad things about the movie:
Cool things:
- Nice special effects
- Nice fight choreography (as well as shooting sequences)
- It's not overloaded with explosions or other rather cheap waste of special effects
- Decent, although not deep, plot

Bad things:
- The actors don't give their best performances
- You kind of see the ending coming
- Some of the special effect seem exaggerated/fake (the chick driving the bike)
- The Cobra Commander was a Darth Vader wannabe
- Heavy Duty actually said "Yo, Joe!"
I watched this and I enjoyed it from the beginning until the end; I know I said it was not a good movie, but it's fun and entertaining. I might be missing some stuff here, but to be honest that's pretty much what I've got to say about the movie.

I'm out!

No comments: